Thursday, September 24, 2009

"quickening"

i felt the baby move today!! i have been thinking for a while that i can feel little flutters, but today was a for sure "move it mom!" kind of thing. i was at work and reaching for some papers which may or may not have closed off some of the baby's space for a few seconds and he/she didnt like it so they let me know. when i first felt it i jumped because i wasnt expecting it, but it was awesome to feel, and i kept thinking do it again...but no such luck. a little later at my parents house they did move but not like before.
this was really exciting for me since its one of the first things i have experienced so far that really means i am pregnant. you might be saying "what?" so let me explain. i never really had horrible morning sickness, it could have passed for a mild case of the flu, and other than my hips getting farther apart there hasn't been any other "signs" of pregnancy. sometimes i would be driving or i would see someone who is farther along and i would think "i wish i was pregnant". then i would have this whole conversation between me and my voice of reason in my head that went a little like this, "you are pregnant, remember the hips?" , "yeah but i could just be getting fat" " what about the ultrasound?" "yeah but that didnt really look like a baby, more of a jelly bean or something". and it would go on for a few minutes, finally it would come down to my voice of reason saying "you're pregnant, shut up!" and that would be the end of it...for a while. so long story short this was AMAZING!! and i cant wait for more:)

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I know you guys are friends of Amy & Mike's, but I have some boy names on my blog. Just thought I might see who else Amy stalks ;)

    ReplyDelete